Google

Thursday, February 09, 2006

To Be Successful

Through this process (mainly writing about my weight loss journey) I have come to recognize a lot of things I will have to do to be successful. Here's a few of them:

1. Don't let myself get too hungry. There are days, when for instance, I don't eat enough at breakfast because I'm in a hurry or something else and I feel really really hungry compared to normal by the time I eat lunch. So what do I do? I overeat.
2. Don't let myself cheat because I'm going to make up for it latter. I have a really bad habit of eating a big breakfast or a large dessert and thinking to myself "I'll eat really good the rest of the day" or "I'll exercise an extra 30 minutes tonight." I just don't have the control yet to keep these "promises" that I make to myself.
3. Don't let myself eat mindlessly. There are times when I grab a bag of chips and sit down to watch tv. Before I know it, I've eaten half the bag! (This is one reason I like those 100 calorie packs - if I want more I literally have to open another bag.)
4. Don't let myself eat just because I can't find anything else to do. There are many times when I'm sitting at home on Saturday afternoon, doing nothing, so I eat.
5. Make myself exercise. I've actually done better this week (so far exercising 3 out of 4 days) but I really really really need to get where exercise is something I consistently do. I don't neccessarily think that its the exercise that I avoid so much as when I exercise I get tired so quickly because I'm in such bad shape. I always have these thoughts like "If I could only run one mile straight through, it'd be easy to get up and start my day that way." But it takes time and effort to get to that point - no one starts out being able to run a mile! Even if you have been in great shape your whole life, you first had to crawl, then walk, then run! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home