Google

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Blogging for my health

I decided that I needed a way to make myself accountable. Accountable to what? In general, my actions, but specifically every decision I make regarding my health. Accountable when I choose to eat fried chicken over a salad, accountable when I choose to watch tv instead of workout, and accountable when I choose to drink a diet coke over water. But also I want to be accountable when I do choose the salad over the fried chicken, the exercise over the workout, and the water over the diet coke. I want a place where I can keep a diary of my successes and failures and my progress good and bad. I want a place where I can share my journey with others to encourage them or so they can encourage me. I have let myself go and I don't want to any longer. I want to make the life-altering decisions to become healthy and stay healthy.

I NEED a change. Albert Einstein once said, "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.” I've been 'trying' to gain control over my weight and other health issues for over 4 years now - have I had success? No, instead I have gained over 30 lbs and become incredibly unfit. I obviously need a change . . . but that is easier said than done.

So here are my ugly stats which I must share in order to gain the full benefit of this blog . . . .
Height: 5'3''
Weight: 168 lbs
BMI: 29.8 - meaning I am overweight (I am .2 away from being considered obese)

Each day I hope to log on and share how I am doing. The things I've found helpful and unhelpful. Things that hold me back or help me press on. And finally, hopefully, that I'm moving each day towards my goal of becoming healthy. This isn't just a weight loss journey for me . . . it is a life journey to become healthy.

2 Comments:

At 3:11 PM, Blogger Michele said...

Lisa, I love the idea for your blog! A fellow blogger I know hosts an event called ARF Tuesdays where we prepare and list the recipe for antioxident rich foods. Very good for your health! Take a look at my blog for more info if you are interested. (Bottom right column).

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Thanks for the info! I think a key part of this success is getting help and support from others doing the same thing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home