Google

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Low Calorie Treats I Love

Just thought I'd share a few of the low cal treats I've found that I really enjoy.

1. Kool-Aid Jammers
These drinks come in three flavors (Tropical Punch, Strawberry Kiwi, and Cherry - although I've yet to see cherry at the store) and only have 10 calories per drink. They also have 100% Daily Vitamin C (according to the label). I like the Strawberry Kiwi better than the Tropical Punch, but that's just me.

2. Act II (and other brands) of mini or snack size popcorn
These bags of popcorn contain only 100 calories and come in a variety of flavors. I love them because they are low calorie, but also take a little longer to eat than most low calorie snacks.

3. Nabisco 100 Calorie packs
These snacks come in 100 calorie packs (which is good for me because it helps control my portion size). The varieties include everything from oreos to chips ahoy to wheat thins to cheez nips. I've found some varieties are more satifying than others. :)

4. Splenda
I know this isn't a "treat" so to say, but it is making a lot of foods we all know and love a little lower calorie for us without sacrificing a ton of flavor. One way I like to use Splenda is on my cereal - to me it tastes just like sugar.

1 Comments:

At 8:03 AM, Blogger ShellyH said...

Fantastic Blog! We also use alot of Splenda here. My hubby has lost 42 lbs in the past 7 months. We use the splenda in our recipes and he also loves smoothies made with Splenda.

Shelly

 

Post a Comment

<< Home